Friday, November 25, 2011

Inside/Outside

Your wounds don't show from the outside
Beautiful blue eyes and an angelic face.
Sweet smile and almost always
quiet.
But you don't fool me.
I see you raw and bleeding
unwittingly stabbed
with the daggers of
“made-to-be-used” and
“not-good-enough”
and
“not-worth-it-to-me”
by hands that were created to
hold you instead.

The lies the Liar pours into your heart scald
like boiling oil,
and you are slowly becoming convinced that
ugly
rejectable
too-much
and
wrong
is what you are.

Your problem is
That you still feel.
When so many have shut down and
numbed their pain with
drugs or
sex or
anyeffingthingthatmakesitgoaway.
You still try to swim
lacerated
against the current
of salt water.

Even for that I love you.

And I pray that you will recognize the lies
for what they are.

And I pray that you can see what I see:

a Father who loves you
desperately.

Who stripped and bare

stayed

bleeding on that
rough wood,
to conquer lies, and the liar
and to heal
all the wounds in
your heart.
Because you are

loved
and

wanted
and

longed for
and

delighted in
and

worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment