1. Whenever you drive up behind someone, just give your horn a friendly honk to let them know you're there and may be going to pass.
2. Kiss people on the cheek whenever you meet them, see them, or bid them farewell.
3. Throw your trash on the floor - no matter where you are. Church. People's homes. Riding the bus.
4. When the light turns yellow, go right through and honk your horn in a friendly manner to let people know you're there.
5. Throw your used toilet paper in the trash can. This brings cultural awareness like nothing else.
6. Use your shirt, or a child's shirt to clean their runny nose. If the shirt doesn't work (too tight? not soft enough?) use your fingers (pinch hard and then give your hand a good shake after) to get any extra snot off.
7. Stand extra close to people.
8. Laugh at inappropriate moments in conversation - humor almost never translates, so you don't even have to explain yourself.
9. Got a river/ lake/ stream near your home? Just take your soap and shampoo right down there, along with your tub of dirty laundry, your dirty dishes and anything else you want to get clean.
10. Bring a radio to your neighbor's lawn and play any foreign music as loud as you can at 4:30am. This is a great way to get your morning started.
11. Got one? I'd love to hear it?
(Pictured: The cultural experience of having your moto license plate made right before your eyes. Cost: $6.25)